Must see sights
- The UNESCO-listed historic district
- Old Lyon
- the Fourvière Basilica
- ancient amphitheaters
- Place Bellecour
- traditional Lyon restaurants
- designer boutiques and antique shops
- the banks of the Rhône River
- the quays of the Saône and the Village des Créateurs
Highlights of the city
Historical legacy, gastronomy and the Festival of Lights.
The economic base
A very dynamic city at the heart of a thriving region.
Pharmaceutical and medical industries strongly represented. Highly developed biotechnology sector.
Highly active when it comes to conferences, Lyon has two principal exposition hubs: Eurexpo, which welcomes international exhibitions, and Cité Internationale, closer to the center of town.
Getting here / Transportation
- 27 km from the St Exupéry international airport
- Two national train stations (2 hours from Paris by TGV)
- Easy highway access (A6/A7)